Sunday, October 11, 2009

From Paper to Wall



If you ever find yourself in need of decorating inspiration, just head to your paper stash or to the scrapbook store if you don't have a stash at home.
After we painted our room blue several months I found this paper at Hobby Lobby. I knew that it was the same color blue as our room. I came home and showed Steve this paper and he didn't catch onto my vision as quickly as I had hoped. I told him I really wanted to do a dandy lion-ish theme and he was a bit sceptical.
As the months went on, the paper started calling to him as did the walls. So will 2 sick children and one sick wife, he spent two days this weekend making my paper dreams reality. I know, who would use blue, green, orange and plum together? Again, scrapbooking paper opens the pallet and the mind to fabulous combinations. I am really excited about my wall art! Now he is sick in bed, but at least the room looks cheery;0)
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

wittygal said...

WOWSER! That looks totally awesome. You have an I for style and a hubby from heaven. Lucky you!

The Bluths said...

It looks fantastic! It looks like vinyl. He do that by hand?

ArlaMo said...

Love it, Torrie!!

Dave and Corey Johnson said...

That looks so awesome!

Becky said...

Flippin beauty!

Tanner Fam said...

That man's got talent!! Very unique, love it.

Anonymous said...

Soo cute! I love it! I want to do something like that in Mia's room, in pink.

Casey Lu said...

Wow Torrie!!!!! That is freakin' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I too have a scrappy page that I would like to transfer onto some walls. Hasn't happened yet but soon it WILL happen! Thanks for sharing!!!

Amie said...

how awesome!!

Jenna said...

I just have to shake my head at him. Keep those projects coming while he's home!!! Way to go Steve!!! It looks fabulous!

Mason clan 5 said...

I love it! Wow

Sam said...

LOVE IT!!! Is it just painted on the wall??