Okay, I know that I never filled anyone in on the awesome vacation that I had. I have been meaning to do this for a while. We left here on the 16th on June and drove to Twin Falls, ID. Oh, and when I say we drove, I mean I DROVE. Remember how Steve has to be seizure free for 90 days before he can get his driver's license back? And for the record, I hate driving! Steve on the other hand, LOVES driving. He really does and so painfully I drove all 784 miles to my parents house.
My mom was at Girl's Camp with my little sis Hailey. My dad was home recovering from surgery. We got to go to his post op appointment with him to hear the fantastic news that it was in fact, not cancerous but that it was old scar tissue & nerve tissue with a trace amount of dead cancer sells. He got the all clear from the Doctor to play golf and Steve was glad to hear that. They played almost everyday and had a great time. My dad even took me golfing. It was a sight to see, me and my mom had some good laughs-mostly at ourselves. It was fun to share that hobby with my parents, and with Steve a time or two.
My parent's moved to Twin Falls 3 years ago. The previous owner of their home had a decorative painting done in the master. It wasn't actually a painting, but a saying, an old Irish poem basically about death. So for the past 3 years my mom has been mentioning how she wants to paint over it. So Steve and I helped her paint over it before all the craziness started.
My sister Brandie and her family came in from VA for the Stott family Gathering. Then my brother Jeremy and his family came in from CO. My sister Hailey ended up out in a tent with those 6 of the grand kids for 5 nights. She is awesome! My brother Shiloh and his kids came down from WA and that added 2 more to the kids tent. My brother Caleb and his wife came in on Friday and we were all there until Sunday. That made a full house with 14 adults and 11 children. We took family photos, our last one was 12 years ago. We played games and had a giant marshmallow fight-the marshmallows were giant! The boys all went golfing and then Mom, Brandie, Jennifer, and I went shopping and got pedicures. We all took turns in the kitchen and really just enjoyed being together.
1 comment:
Sounds awesome! Where's the pictures?! I'm surprised with that many adults there weren't more kids. You must have really young siblings. Sounds like a much needed relaxing month!
Post a Comment