Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Day Late and a Dollar Short

I am so proud of my Ki girl!
She was so excited for school to start on Monday, that she asked me to wake her up at 3:30 am to get ready. I told her I'd think about it, and darn it, she is catching on to when I say I'll think about it.
She goes, "so your not going to, are you?"

She surprised me and got herself up and ready to go at 6:30 am. That is more manageable, at least for Steve. I stayed in bed for a little while longer. It was Ki's first day of 1st grade. She is glad to be back in school. She has Mrs. Tropea this year and we are very excited about that! She is amazing and I've known her for less than a week. Ki is glad to have 3 friends from our ward in her class. That always makes things a bit easier.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Yay Ki! I'm so excited to hear about her 1st grade adventures, I just love that girl. And it wouldn't have been just like to figure out how to set an alarm so she could get up at 3:30. Lucky for you....

Ash said...

Yeah Ki!!!! We start on Thursday. My baby will be in second grade. Makes me feel old. On another note, remember how I was shocked at the difficulty of your potty training Ki. (Boys I have figured out are easier!) Ok so I dont remember what b-day she decided to. Remind my. Liv is killing me on this. I have rewind pitty on what you went thru. This sucks! Any tips? Please!

Amie said...

I'm so glad she has friends in her class! Ethan doesn't know anyone in his!