Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Let's Not Go There

The whole group,
Ki is on the far left bottom row


She made no attempt to hide her true feelings


My sweet Ki has issues with being on stage or being singled out. She was nominated by her teacher Mrs. Campbell-Hernandez for "showing character through responsibility." Which meant that she would get an award, a pin, a cookie, and her picture in the yearbook with the other Rancho Gabriella Elementary School students being presented with this award. There were about 20 students ranging from kindergartners to 8th graders. Ki didn't want anything to do with this! She hid behind Steve when her name was called and grudgingly went to the stage for the photo after a 20 minute pep talk form mom and dad. When she was nominated, Mrs. Campbell-Hernadez said, "Ki is a wonderful student and friend. She is willing to assist other students when they need help, does her personal best in everything that she does and is very reliable. She exhibits all six pillars of character on a daily basis!" Wow, what a reflection of her awesome parents-hee hee. She is a great girl and I feel lucky to be her mom. She takes after Steve in so many ways, for that I am glad!

8 comments:

The Bluths said...

Ha, she's funny! I think Logan would be the same way too.

Jenna said...

whatever, you know she is a mini you ALL THE WAY! She is so lucky to have such amazing parents. I am a big Ki fan as is my daughter. I LOVE the closeup of her, I'm sure you were totally laughing while taking it.

Amie said...

So cute...first of all, so proud of her for her accomplishments, second of all, so funny that she wanted nothing to do with the honor!

Casey Lu said...

She is such a funny, shy, and sweet girl! Let her know her previous primary teachers are VERY PROUD of her!!!! What a wonderful job you and Steve are doing as parents!!!!!

Ash said...

Oh course she is a sweet girl! But I tell you that close up just reminds me that it hasent been that long, I remember that face...and the dont make me do it look. Oh I love and miss her!

BRANDIESTOTT said...

This accomplishment has everything to do with her awesome Aunt Brandie! After all I taught you everything you know! Tell Ki I miss her and I am proud of her.

Jazmomof4 said...

Yay Ki!

Tanner Fam said...

That is awesome....although, she does NOT get her shyness from you!! I don't know your kids well, but I am excited to in the future!!