Sunday, December 28, 2008

It takes 6, and What I've Been Up To

If anyone was wondering how many bottles of Hyland's Homeopathic Teething Tablets it would take to poison a kid, it is 6. I only know this because my darling El got into a 5year old bottle and consumed an unknown amount of them tonight. I phoned poison control and they said that she'd be fine. So I guess I am cleaning out the cabinets and putting all the meds in my closet on the top shelf. They will be safe in there, Steve can't even reach that self.
We had a great week of Christmas fun. My Parents, and 3 of my siblings came to visit. We had a full house but it was fun! My poor dad got to visit the Advantage Urgent care while he was here. He had a sinus infection. And then a lovely cold passed through the family and is still lingering in our home.
For Steve's Birthday Dinner a.k.a. Christmas Dinner, we ate Prime Rib, Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes and yams, roasted potatoes and yams, corn, carrots and green beans, green bean casserole, a green salad, dinner rolls-thanks mom, and then for dessert, apple pie, blueberry pie a.k.a. Steve's Birthday pie, angel food cake, cheese cake, lemon bars and cream puffs. Yes, it was a lot of food but we had 20 people feasting. It was so wonderful to be able to gather with both the Stott's and the Smith's. We watched movies, played PS3-they did, not me, ate good food, went golfing-that was fun!, and Mom, Hailey and I even made it to Twilight.
After my family left, the Smith grandchildren got to have the annual Un-Birthday party. Grandma Lora gets the kids together and they get to go to Wal mart and pick out a gift. It is very entertaining! They all had their toys in hand as they stood in line and said "what did you pick," to one another. Then we got home and opened the gifts and they spent hours playing with their new toys. It has been a busy week but it was so awesome having family here!!!

6 comments:

The Bluths said...

And no pictures?! I'm disappointed. Hope that cold gets out of your house soon. And glad you had a good Christmas with your family. Merry Christmas!

Ash said...

Well for all the things your poor husband cant eat.....at least he could eat that AWESOME feast. Or at least the prime rib! Happy birthday to him!!!!

Amie said...

Goodness! Those don't even taste good! (what did you think of Twilight?)

Sam said...

Did you make the Prime Rib your self???? I must know how, Ive always wanted to make it. If your all feeling better we should go to the park next week? Let me know!

sam

Jenna said...

Oh El, that cracks me up. She probably thought they were mints or something. Wasn't it her that got into the hand sanitizer as well?

Torrie said...

They don't even taste minty though. And no that was Larissa's daughter, but I can see it in my future! I think she's a junkie now, she just told me that she didn't feel good and that she needed medicine.