Sunday, March 7, 2010

Life, or something like it

Wow, have I really let an entire month go by without blogging? Yep. I am a slacker in many departments these days. I don't see my family as much as I'd like to, I don't see my friends-or talk to them for that matter, as much as I'd like to, I don't get my check books balanced as often as I'd like to, I don't get to exercises anymore-my butt has an issue with that. But this is just a phase, right? I keep thinking that I can establish a new normal and I realized that it has been a year since Steve started having seizures. An entire year of chaos and unpredictability and anger and frustration and sorrow and life-I guess. When you are wrapped up in something so huge you don't see an end or a solution to the problem, but you have to keep on keeping on. So that is what we do. I know it could be much worse and we are getting by pretty good and we've learned a lot in the last year. I have an amazing family. Steve's family is great, and our ward and friends have been terrific. It is such a small moment in the big picture but sometimes I loose track of that big picture. I hope I can be better about that this year. I am most grateful for Steve, and all that he brings to my life. I hope that one day we can think back on this time and see how far we made it past this trial-is it a trail? I am not sure now. I think it may be life from here on out and we will get to the point that we will except it and continue to move forward. All I know is that the Lord does love us and keeps blessing us with the support that we need.
And, it's bed time so until next time-count your blessings and share the love!

8 comments:

Kendra said...

I love you Torrie! You are an amazing woman! You are in my prayers. I miss you.

Becky said...

You know how I feel about you. Thx for the two hour chat!

Jenna said...

You know you're amazing, and if you don't I'll tell you again--you're amazing! You are such a rock to so many people. I keep thinking about Steve and always put his name in the temple when I go. I love you guys!

Amie said...

you're so patient and doing what you gotta do! Let's hope it's just a phase! But even if it's not, you deal well :)

Sam said...

I miss you Torrie, I'm, thinking you need a girls night out!!!

Jazmomof4 said...

You have had a lot on your mind, I am sure you would have never guesses what the future had in store for you! It is funny how it is so easy to lose perspective when you are right in the middle of something, and it is so hard to process and balance everything, but I guess that is why we are here! Keep on trucking - you are a great person! We miss your family! You should come vacation with us! We need someone to keep us company!

Ash said...

First of all....how do I schedule a 2 hour chat? I figure its been about 2 years, so 2 hours for each....4357730103...is what you dial....and we will be good to go! Well I dont know any of your particulars, but you are a tough lady. One who I happen to think is the greatest. You were once an answer to my prayers Tor. I love you. I hope to actually talk to you soon. XOXO

wittygal said...

Confessions of a "Un-postaholic"!
Hang in there you are an inspiration to all of us.