Monday, January 4, 2010

My oh My, Ki is 7

When Ki asked for a blue horse cake I turned to Steve and said you are all over that.

And he was, and he did a fantastic job!

Notice that I was holding back her hair so that we didn't have another hair fire.

Ki sure does love my little ponies-the very little ones-that have gumball machine houses.

She's looking a bit crazed! El choose to give Ki a Littlest Pet Shop doll, they were both very excited when Ki unwrapped it.
Thank you to Grandpa and Grandma Smith for being here and thanks to Kelli and James for joining in on the fun too!
I can't believe that Ki is 7. I clearly remember the day she was born and I hate to think that it was that long ago. She has lost 7 teeth, loves first grade and grew half and inch last month. I look at her sometimes and have to double take, it that really my child?
I am so grateful for my Ki girl. I love her very much and am enjoying watching her grow up.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I heard rumors of a horse cake, and I'm impressed! Happy Birthday to Ki!

Amie said...

kudos on the cake and happy birthday to Ki! (I'd forgotten about the hair-fire-cake episode!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ki and tell Steve he did a great job on that cake! Miss you!

Becky said...

Isn't it nice to depend upon our husbands to decorate bday cakes! I can't believe your balooba is 7. It seems like yesterday we were in your hospital room holding that little bug. By the way, you'll have to tell her sometime that Uncle Rob had a hard time showing up to the hospital when Brendon born because he just wanted to play with Ki. But I wasn't bitter . . . :)

Jenna said...

Great cake Steve!! She is looking more and more like you everyday. I can't believe she's 7....the days when I first met all of you are getting a bit blurry...crazy.

Nicole said...

Steve you are a man of many talents! Can I hire you for Lacey's birthday cake??