Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Steve, Steve the Magical Man

For some reason Steve does not consider himself an artists.
He creates beautiful things-besides my daughters :0)
We have been thinking about how to fill our amazing entry way for the past year. We wanted something to make a statement.

A week later and a lot of detail work, We have a huge, Beautiful picture of the Savior in the entry way.
Steve took a sheet of metal and sanded it, painted it with patina-to get the black, and then spent hours with the dremel tool to etch the metal to get a fantastic reproduction of Greg Olson's
"Walk with Me"

I wish that I had a fraction of Steve's talents and abilities!
Stop on by to check out the art.
I think it ROCKS!
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

Amazing!! That is so beautiful. Yous husband is incredibly talented!

Heidi Joncas said...

woops, your*

The Bluths said...

Holy cow! That is crazy good! Impressive!

Tanner Fam said...

Ummm....speechless. Simply amazing.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's awesome! And a big (literally) improvement from the old 8x10 pic! Go Steve!!

Amie said...

He ETCHED it??!??! WOW! He seriously IS talented! (so I guess the whole painting-from-the-sister-in-law (or whoever) didn't turn out?)

He needs to go into business...have you ever considered it? Might solve some of your problems! =)

ArlaMo said...

Beautiful!!

Jamie and Kiley said...

That is really beautiful!

Jenna said...

I'm sad he didn't do an unveiling party. I know he's not THAT modest! :) I love it, he was wasting his time and talents climbing power poles!

Casey Lu said...

Your husband has AMAZING talent with art and anything metal! He seriously should consider creating things and selling them! I would definitely buy them! That etching is fantastic!!!! Would love a picture like that of Jesus in my entry! ;)

mary said...

Steve truly does have a special talent. It's a good thing you two found each other.

Cathryn said...

Wow, does he still think he isn't talented?

Becky said...

I think the only thing Steve will own up to in the talent department is peachy fluffs :) I can't wait to see it framed.

wittygal said...

Lucky, Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

That picture is amazing!!! I want one!

Lindi said...

Better than Greg Olsen's.

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

WOW!!!!!!!!

Kendra said...

Um WOW! Why isn't he doing this full-time, and for profit? He is an amazing artist! Set up an etsy shop for him or something. We'll all spread the word!