I can't believe I am smiling and I think this is going to end up on her dumb blog
A few weeks ago Steve and I had an appointment with a neurologist at Barrow Neurological Institute. We were on a 4 month wait list but someone called and canceled their appointment-Thank you stranger. We met with Dr. Maganti and he was great! We felt a lot better about the future after discussing Steve's "events" with him. Part of finding out why Steve is having events meant a possible 7 day stay at the lovely resort and spa-I mean St. Joe's Hospital in downtown Phoenix while being hooked up to a EEG and EKG monitor and 24 hour camera surveillance. They were able to squeeze Steve into the unit with a weeks notice and last Thurs that is were Steve was. He got hooked up to these monitors and had to be belted in the bed or belted in the chair beside the bed with a camera watching him at all times. With the help of a clever friend, and the WiFi hookup, he kept busy for 2 days. He had an event on Friday while the neurologist was present and they got all the data they needed. On Saturday he got to come home. He is having "non-epileptic events" that are very treatable and in most cases the seizures stop. All in all it's good news. Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers and special thanks to Nicole-best carpooling friend ever, Homer, Wart and the Dean's for keeping an eye out on the girls!
8 comments:
I was waiting for this picture to show up. Very attractive. Nice :)
awesome, so glad that they think they can treat it!
I love Steve's face. I think he could come up with some great marketing strategies for that fanny pack. We'll take the girls anytime, it was a PARTY!
That is great news. Sounds like you guys have been through so much lately. I wish you lived closer so I could help you out some how. Just know I am think of ya!
he looks trilled with the picture!
thrilled
Hey, it must feel great to have some answers. And quickly too.
oh, and Rob wants to know how in the world Steve nicked himself shaving
Post a Comment