Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust

Welcome to the family!
Annie you are one beautiful bride!

It was so cold in Salt Lake City, UT last Wednesday. But I was so glad to be there to see my younger brother Caleb be sealed to an outstanding young lady, Annie Peterson. It was a beautiful sealing and I shall be known as the one who bawled the entire time. I was overcome by the beautiful spirit of the day and the amazing promises that are made in the Lord's house. I was getting worked up too, because my older sister forgot her recommend and had to get permission to enter the temple and almost missed the ceremony. I didn't' want her to miss it or to be without her during the ceremony.
I was also sad to have to say goodbye to Caleb, not that he's really going anywhere, but I feel like I lost my little bro. He has a wife now and a life to establish with her. I am glad that he found such a great girl though. She will keep up with him very well. They are a great match!
I enjoyed the time I got to spend with my family in Utah. And it was great to get to meet Annie's family too. They are a great bunch and will enjoy having Caleb around. I got to see some of my cousins that I haven't seen in years and friends from Colorado too. It was a treat to get to go without my children, but I did miss them, and Steve too. I am thankful that I was able to be in the Temple and have so many members of my family there. It is a day that I will cherish for a long time.

4 comments:

Amie said...

how sweet...what a beautiful picture, the wedding gown in the snow...

Ash said...

Beautiful.

Becky said...

holy cow, she's cute. torrianna call me, it's been years since we've chatted. okay, a week, but it seems like a year~

Jenna said...

It looks like such a beautiful wedding. I'm so glad you got to go.