Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thanks are Past Due

While I am on a psoting roll, I have to share-STEVE IS WORKING again. He has been seizure free for almost 2 years and although he can drive, he does not qualify for a Commercial Driver's License for 3 more years. His neurologist may sign off on it sooner?? To return to his previous job as an apprentice lineman he would have to have a CDL. We knew that him returning to work with APS in that same job was not an option. As he was an amazing stay at home dad I went back to "the bank", I have worked for US Bank in the past-it's a family thing. My father works for them and has for 32 years. My sister and a bother have also worked there. So anyway, two years ago I returned to work and Steve was on short term disability with APS. After he was cleared to return to work, he was not able to return to his old job so he had 90 days to find another position with the company.

As many of our ward memebers, family and friends were praying and fasting in our behalf, (A HUGE THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!) we were blessed to find several jobs that Steve could apply for in the last week of his employeement with APS. Because he applied for these positions while still an employee, his termination just ment that the pay checks quit coming. They were able to keep him in the system, and a week after I had Brian, he was offered another 4 year appenticeship with APS as a polyphase meterman. That is a fancy way to say that he will learn to repair and install meters for residential and commerical buildings.

After a generous 8 week maturnity leave, I returned to work on Nov. 4th. I worked for a week and realized that it wasn't worth the stress or the money for me to work full-time so I gave my two weeks notice and now I get to be a stay at home mom again. Steve is a far better house keeper than I am but I have time to practice. I used the excuse of I am a working mother, for a good two years and now I am going to have to get all those things done that I have put off and procrastinated while I was working. I am so happy to be home with my baby!!!

I have seen the Lord's tender mercies in my life, and I can say that we are better people and stronger people having had to go through these trails. Steve still has to be mindful of his blood sugar, but he is doing great. We are very thankful to all of you who have loved and supproted us with prayers and kindness. I don't know who all of you are but I hope that you know that we do know this wasn't a trial that we got through on our own merit. Thank You-we love you!

5 comments:

The Bluths said...

Yeah you're home now! That is so great!

nelly said...

Awesome! We love the Smiths!

Jenna said...

I'm so glad it has all worked out, you know how happy I was when I found that out! :) It is such a blessing to be able to look at the past few years and see the Lord's hand in your life--you Smith's are special people!

Amie said...

How wonderful Torrie! What a tough several years you guys have had. It seems like you're pretty much through the woods. I'm so glad you had the faith and prayers of many to help you through it!

Kendra said...

Hey Torrie! I have completely blog absent for a while.

I am so happy to hear you are able to stay home and that Steve is able to work again! What a blessing!

I sure do miss you! Your sweet baby is so adorable! I've got a bouncing baby boy too! Joshua was born April 20th.

If you ever head up this way, give me a ring. I would love to see you!