Sunday, April 7, 2013

That's my Girl

My brown eyed girl keeps amazing me. Not that the Blue eyed girl isn't amazing either, but Ki has more opportunities to shine as she is getting older.
The other day Ki was saying how all the kids in Art class got their drawing back but she didn't get hers. I said well maybe your teacher lost in somewhere?
A few days later a letter came home that said that Ki would have a picture she drew in the upcoming  Dysart District Art Show. I asked her what she drew? She said it was the assignment, poinsettias. Then a few more days passed and El came running home and said that Ki's name was mentioned in the morning announcements at school. Apparently this was embarrassing to Ki.
It turns out that only 2 kids from each grade in the district were chosen to have their art in the district art show. My sweet Ki was chosen and we were excited to go to the art show and see all the amazing art from the school's in our district.
 
 
This is kind of a big deal to me, I don't even think Ki realizes that art is in her blood. Steve is amazingly talented as are many of his siblings. Steve is very shy about this, but seriously he is very creative and talented! I am a very creative person, very different from my ever talented siblings who can draw, paint, and several are potters. My talents are more of the paper and glass variety. Some of my best memories are from my high school days down the art hallway. Growing up in a very art influenced area of Colorado, we had the most amazing Art Department in our high school. The ever talented  Mrs. Annie Brooks channeled the art talent of the Stott kids and we are all so grateful for her!!!! 
So Ki this is pretty cool!
I know there is a lot more to come from the Smith kids in the fine arts and I look forward to it.
 

No comments: