Monday, August 6, 2012

Another 1st Day

Where did the summer go and how is it possible for me to have a:
 
 
 
 and a:
 
 
Wow! It's crazy that Ki is in 4th grade. I remember 4th grade really well. We moved from Montana to Colorado that summer. My teacher was Mrs. Grigsby. One of our new neighbors was in my grade. We were best friends for the summer. Then we went to school and I made new friends. I am embarrassed to say that while playing four square at lunch, I ripped off my bbf necklace and threw it at the poor girl because I found a new bbf at school. I started caring about what I wore, and how I looked, who I ate lunch with and what the boys were doing. 
I want to protect Ki from mean girls-like I was. I know she's a strong girl but it's just the begining of the drama of being a girl. I am scared for her!
 
And then there's my little El. She lost one of her front teeth the day before school started.
She has Mrs. Tropea-a penguin loving rock star of a teacher. 1st grade is so important for building the foundation of learning and I am glad that El has a good attitude.
Only 5 more years and I will be sending my baby to school too.
 

No comments: