My grandmother Mildred Nell Sanders loved the color pink. Although she washed in the violet die to her white hair, she loved pink. I didn't ever see her wear the hat but I am sure that she did back in the day. I remember that Grandma had pink carpet in her bedroom, and her bathroom. I thought she was kinda crazy-but cool for having pink carpet. We used to spend a week or so each summer with Grandma and Grandpa Sanders in Kalispell, MT. Their property led right down to the river where we'd get to have a winner roast and play in the water. Grandma also spoiled us with Schwan's ice cream and fresh picked raspberries. When Ki was looking for dress up clothes at my mom's last summer, she found the pink hat and was wearing it. It made me smile because I like to think that Ki and grandma spent some time together on the other side. I miss Grandma.
3 comments:
So cute!! And I love pink!
Cute page, my dear! When you have a second or two, give me a call.
I miss grandma too. I'm so glad I read your post today so I could remember her too:)
Post a Comment